Sunday, February 9, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day Card

Here's something you don't typically see at a Starbucks: A thirty something female drinking her white chocolate mocha while coloring with markers and trying to stay within the lines. Yes, that was me last weekend. Wish it could be everyday! haha. I decided to try to make my Valentine's Day cards using one stamped image of my favorite character Mimi from Penny Black,this time called Brimming with Love. Each card, however, would use a different technique. I had yet to try the very popular chalkboard technique, and I LOVED how it turned out. I also had some Martha Steward double sided valentine's day themed paper, which I thought would be perfect for my now famous flip-its cards. For my third card I also used a technique I had not yet used--stenciling with use of an ombre look using Distress Inks.The last card was simple, using cute ribbon and vday themed paper from Alison Kreft's 6x6 Sprinkled with Love Paper Pad.



Card #1





Oops! I only noticed after my sister pointed it out-the stamp is upside down!

Card #2:







Card#3:




Card #4:





Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment