Monday, May 5, 2014

April Birthday Cards

Wow! April came and went! I was so busy last month and only now am able to catch up on my blog posts. It was a busy month for birthdays, from my sister to my father-in-law, to one of my good pals. Here are the cards I made last month for them...

My sister loves cake and cupcakes--guess I am not the only one who knows this. She says every card she received this year had cupcakes on it!






I made this card for my friend Tiffany, such a fun-loving and happy person--I had to make an equally happy card, complete with the color yellow, polka dots, and bees!






When I think of my father-in-law, who turned 69 this year, I think of him growing up in the 60's and being in the peace corp. One of the first things that comes to my mind about the 60's is tie dye! I used an awesome technique I learned in a Distress Ink class and also from one of my favorite card makers, Kristina Werner. You can check out her video here to learn how I made this cool background. The white stars are actually made using a stencil and embossing paste, then covered with glitter. For this technique, check out the blog of Debby Hughes. It creates a little extra dimension, and extra "wow" factor.







No comments:

Post a Comment