Sunday, January 26, 2014

Another Custom Running Medal & Bib Holder

I had not one, but two, special requests for running medal & bib holders since I first posted about the ones I made for myself and two running buddies. Even though I truly think anyone can make these at home, I was happy to make some more and have gotten the hang of it now (no pun intended!). One buddy requested the same exact hanger I made for myself, and I luckily saved the Cricut cut file for "Miles to Go Before I Sleep," so this hanger was super easy to make. For those of you who do have a Cricut, I have found that setting the blade depth to 3 for cutting vinyl works better than the recommended 4--it doesn't snag, and it really only cuts the vinyl and not totally through to the backing, which is what you want.

For the other hanger, I had a special request for a bright green color--aka Sour Apple in the Americana brand from Joann's. The quote my friend Lorin found is one I haven't seen before, and I truly love it...


This is the image Lorin texted me:



and this is what I came up with using the fonts I already had.




My medal hanger has found its home next to my side of the bed over my nightstand, much to the dismay of my husband. I admit, teal doesn't quite match the coffee brown walls of our bedroom, but we literally have no other space to put it-- unless I put it in the guest bathroom! Alas, by my bed is where it'll stay, for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment