Saturday, March 1, 2014

Fingerprint Tree Guest Book for Bridal Shower

Years ago I attended a bridal shower during which the bride's sister created a cute way of recording the names of guests who attended the event. The "guest book" was basically a tree trunk with branches, and each guest pressed their thumb into a green ink pad and left their fingerprint along the tree branches. I have since then seen various versions of this guestbook, and I wanted to help one of my friends create this for her sister's bridal shower. I could have drawn or painted a tree, but I decided to create the tree trunk using a Cricut die cut. I used a wood grain stamp over the tree and Distress ink to make it look more like wood.The letters and numbers were cut out again using the Cricut, and covered with Wink of Stella and Glossy accents. The banner flags were made using the Stamps of Life alpha4banners and sampler2love stamp sets. The tree looks great and is "frame-able" both before and after the fingerprints.


Before



What it would look like in a black matted frame



After all the guests have "signed"
The Finished Product


1 comment: