Sunday, November 3, 2013

Craft Day!!

So excited to have had one of my long time buddies over for a crafting afternoon! I began my crafting fetish because of this creative college friend and was also introduced to the world of Cricuting because of her. We created my wedding banners together, and now it's her turn to be getting married! She wanted me to teach her how to create cute cards using stamps and embossing powder. I also taught her how to emboss using my Texture Boutique. We used premade David Tutera cards and a cute flower stamp from Joann's. The cards were simple, elegant and really easy to create. We made "Will you be my bridesmaid" cards for each of her 4 bridesmaids, complete with personalized names cut out with the Cricut. Too bad no one has yet come up with a "Will you be my ___" stamp sentiment for the inside!


We wanted to add shine to the names but thought of this after the fact, so we improvised and used Wink of Stella.


Then I created another card using the same stamp, but this time used her potential wedding colors of gray and orange, and some alcohol markers. Definitely love the color scheme! I also love how versatile stamps can be--so many different potential looks with just one stamp!









My best friend-Wink of Stella-made the petals so sparkly. Added pearl Stickles to accent the flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment