Sunday, November 3, 2013

Birthday Girl with Balloons

On call today at the hospital (again!) and that means, time to catch up on some blogging! I created a birthday card using my favorite stamp from  Sparkle N Sprinkle. I tried out this stamp immediately after the Scrapbook Expo and used my Spectrum Noir markers for the first time along with what I thought was the appropriate paper for alcohol markers--Adirondack Alcohol Ink Glossy Cardstock. Unfortunately it wasn't the right paper--the ink didn't blend like I thought it would. I did more research and realized the paper is more for Tim Holtz' alcohol ink, not necessarily Copic or Spectrum Noir markers. Oh well--I still had a really cute colored birthday image. So I used it and created this card...

Used one of my cute Martha Steward punches and some bright pink paper from a 6x6 paper pad.


If you can't already tell,teal is one of my favorite colors.

Loving the Wink of Stella pen more and more--it dries so quickly & it's subtle but just enough to add that special touch.

Adding more dimension with Glossy Accents on the balloons.

Had to add coordinating ribbon of course! I probably could have stamped the greeting a little lower, but oh well!

Doily border on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment