Sunday, October 27, 2013

Wedding Card

Most of our friends are married so we haven't been to many weddings lately. But this weekend we were invited to a coworker's wedding--she's been with her partner for over 20 years and they have 3 kids together, and just now decided to finally "Seal the Deal." I recently got some Fiskars stamp sets on sale from Joann's, both which were perfect for a wedding card. I've made an engagement card before using Cricut bird cutouts, but this time I was glad I had some bird stamps that I could embellish. I stamped the love birds using the Sweetheart stamp set and used Versamark ink and heat embossed with black powder. I colored in the birds with alcohol markers and was happy the black did not smear.



I then busted out my Martha Stewart flocking powder using Tombo Mono glue on the wings.


I embossed Marshmallow Bazzil cardstock using a Darice embossing folder from Joann's (not only cheap, but on sale as well). I cut out a couple hearts using a Martha Stewart heart stamp and red glittered paper. I stamped and embossed the sentiment from the Just Married Fiskars stamp set in white on my favorite colored Bazzil paper. I placed the birds and hearts on foam circles. I could have put the white embossed tree directly on foam squares and onto the white card, but I love the way colored mats look, so I used the same teal cardstock as a mat. Lastly I embellished with some pearls from Queen & Co. Of course I had to match the envelope as well.



I used a quote on the back from the Just Married Fiskars stamp set. And I used my personalized stamp for the first time!




My card found its final home at the wedding in a bird cage which held all the wedding cards---how appropriate!

No comments:

Post a Comment