Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Baby Bee Shower

Whoa! Has a whole month really passed since my last post? Well, it hasn't been because I haven't been crafting! On the contrary, I've been so busy with Christmas cards and decorating that I haven't had much time to post. But never fear! I will try to catch up as much as possible now that my cards have been sent out...

I had another special request for personalized cards--this time from my sister, who asked for two cards and die cuts of bees and hives for a bee-themed shower for her coworker. The cards had to be large enough to be signed by all of her coworkers.  I did a quick search for some inspiration and found this cute card from www.twopeasinabucket.com.


http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/member/299305-tettletop20/1843999-for-the-mommy-to-bee-card-hybrid/

Here is what I came up with:

Card #1





 I used my Fiskars hexagon punch and various yellow scraps of paper to create the honeycomb background. The bee on the front is from the Cricut Pooh and Friends cartridge. I cut the wings out of vellum to create more dimension to the bee. The bow was made using felt and the MFT Dainty Bows Die. (Since I last blogged I have finally gotten the Sizzix Big Shot, which I L-O-V-E). Since I knew I would be handing these cards in person to my sister, I wasn't worried about the bow or the wings getting crushed in the mail. The "Congrats" sentiment was made using the Reminisce Accents Font from Cricut. For the inside of the card I stamped the bee from the Tiddly Inks stamp set "Happy Bee Day", and the sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn Plus One stamp set.

 Card #2






I was so excited to use one of my many new stamp sets from Tiddly Inks. I bought the "Happy Bee Day" set knowing I had this card to make. I stamped the image in Memento Black ink and colored it in with my Spectrum Noir markers. The wings were glittered with Wink of Stella and the flowers were covered with some pink glitter glue. I embossed the front using the Cricut Cuttlebug honeycomb folder and some Bazzill marshmallow cardstock. I used the Cricut to create the words and used Wink of Stella to make them sparkle. The white and yellow ovals and scalloped oval were cut again using the Cricut, at least for now until the dies come for my Big Shot machine. The inside bee was stamped from the Tiddly Inks set.

Die Cuts
My sister requested bees and hives for her to use in her flower bouquets. These were easily made using Cricut images, but I added extra details using Wink of Stella to the wings and white accents with my Uni-Ball Signo pen. I used Spectrum Noir markers to add "blush" to the bees' cheeks.








Some photos sent to me by my sister:


No comments:

Post a Comment