Sunday, October 27, 2013

Monkey Baby Shower Card

I am on call at the hospital today, with a lot going on over the past week, so it's the perfect time for catching up on my blogging! Hence, the multiple posts today. I had my second special request for another card, this time by my mother-in-law. She requested a baby shower card, with monkey theme in green, brown, and yellow colors. Sex of the baby is unknown. My Cricut cartridges have very limited cute monkeys, but I used one from the Create a Critter cartridge. Here it is, with some added coloring using my alcohol markers and googly eyes.



Then I stamped a banner and vine using The Stamps of Life Banners4Life and Trees2Build stamp sets. I restamped the banner flags, cut them out, stamped "welcome" and "baby" on them in Versamark and embossed with a shimmery brown powder, and finally placed them on foam squares. 


The finished card, along with matching envelope. I love bows and the finished look it gives, and if there is a spot for one on my cards, I will find a place to put it!

The inside

1 comment: