Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Ontario Scrapbook Expo

I found heaven on earth...at the Ontario Scrapbook Expo. It was like being a little kid in the stationery store all over again. I had signed up for a lecture on Queen & Co. products and a card making class by Avocado Arts. Admission to the expo was included in the class price.

Free goodies just for walking through the door! Queen & Co had a "raffle" after their lecture, but everyone was a winner and went home with a prize.
The Queen & Co. lecture was totally worth the price of the class--look at all the embellishments we got! Probably over $50 worth! Attendants also got 15% off purchases made at their booth, which I used to buy more cute washi tape...



The Avocado Arts Stamp class included their Halloween/Fall Stamp set and the paper supplies to create 4 cards. I stamped 3 cards and finished them at home...The cool thing about this company is that digital dies are available to use for die cut machines such as the Cricut which accompany their clear stamps. Pretty cool for someone like me who does not have a Cuttlebug or Sizzix (but I am really close to maybe getting one!)



The Expo floor was totally overwhelming at first. I probably made 2 rounds through the whole thing, before I decided what I wanted and needed and from whom. I was a little starstruck when I visited the Stamps of Life booth, as the owner, Stephanie Barnard was there in the flesh! I had seen a couple of her videos online before, and I love her enthusiasm in every one. I decided I couldn't just buy one stamp set, so I bought a couple (okay, 6) and got a 2 free ink pads and mini stamps. I bit the bullet and became a club member as well...totally worth it I think. Their stamps are just way too cute. Plus I love that new stamp sets coordinate with older ones.

A couple of card ideas for my new stamp sets.

Free Stamps of Life bag and button
My Stamps of Life Loot

Two of my "must get" purchases, Wink of Stella glitter brush and Wobbles, both I learned about from two of my favorite card makers, Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire

My first intro to alcohol markers. Made this "make-and-take" card for $3 from the BeeCreative booth.
Fell in love with the Spectrum Noir markers, and their price couldn't compare to Copics. So I got the starter set. Will add more later.

Way too cute stamps that I just had to get from Sparkle N Sprinkle
Background stamps from the ScrapMart Booth

Couldn't believe I was at the expo until closing, but what a fun day! I probably could have gone another day. Will definitely be going to the main event, the Anaheim Scrapbook Expo, in March and hopefully attend more classes!



Found this photo of one of my first cards--a baby shower card for my Cubs fan cousin.

Another baby shower banner for a coworker

No comments:

Post a Comment