Friday, October 18, 2013

Sympathy card...Same stamp, different effect

I had my first ever request for a card, by my mom. Unfortunately it was for a friend who recently lost her husband. I decided to try my new Spectrum Noir markers using a Hero Arts stamp I love and have used before using white embossing powder on a dark cardstock (see my first blog post). Must say that I love alcohol markers! It's like coloring in grade school all over again. As per everyone's recommendation, I used black Memento Ink (not a single smudge or bleeding with the markers) and heavy cardstock (Bazzil Marshmallow). 



 So far so good! I could have just stopped here and only had one flower colored in, but I decided to go all the way.

Used sentiments from a Hero Arts sympathy stamp collection and embossed with black powder.


 Used some Glossy Accents and purple Recollections micro beads to cover the centers of the flowers, which I originally colored in with pink markers but didn't like as much.



Stamped the inside with Versamark Onyx ink--my first time using, and I must admit I like how crisp and dark the ink comes out. I used the same stamp on the envelope as well. 
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card, Jackie. I love reading about all your creations.

    ReplyDelete